Trinity Lutheran Church is blessed to be a part of two distinct neighborhoods in Springfield, Illinois. Our downtown church campus is situated just across the street from the Illinois State Capitol in the heart of downtown Springfield. Our school campus is located approximately one mile from the church in the Historic West Side neighborhood.
Trinity Lutheran Church is committed to downtown Springfield and is currently working to complete a substantial renovation and expansion project on our historic downtown sanctuary. We believe that our downtown location provides many unique opportunities for ministry and that God has placed us here for a distinct purpose!
- Weekly Lunchtime Worship Service: This service provides a wonderful opportunity for downtown workers, Capitol employees and politicians alike to gather for prayer and meditation on God’s Word.
- Downtown Events: Downtown events and parades also allow us to open our doors to the community and share the history of our sanctuary and our congregation with our neighbors and community members. We have participated in a variety of events including the funeral processional commemorating the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s death and the Upper Floors architectural tours sponsored by Downtown Springfield, Inc.
We are always looking for new ways to reach out to and serve our downtown Springfield neighborhood!
Historic West Side Neighborhood
The location of our school campus at the corner of Governor St. and MacArthur Blvd. in the Historic West Side Neighborhood provides the joys of reaching out to and serving a more residential area. Throughout the year, Trinity Lutheran Church organizes a number of events for our school campus neighbors, including:
- Fall Festival & Oktoberfest: With the success of the Spring Carnival at Trinity, we are delighted to announcement the upcoming Fall Festival & Oktoberfest. Join us for carnival rides, games, prizes, entertainment and delicious food! Friday, October 4, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturday, October 5, 10 am – 8 pm.
- Trunk or Treat: This free, indoor trick or treating event allows community members and their kids to collect candy and other treats in a well-lit, warm, and friendly environment. Stop by our Parish Hall for safe and fun trick or treating on October 31st.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Every Spring, Trinity Lutheran Church hosts an Easter Egg Hunt for the children of our neighborhood, as well as our church members. In addition to a massive egg hunt with more than 1,000 eggs, the event also includes many fun craft stations, a cookie decorating station, and the retelling of the Easter story through an engaging object lesson.
- Movie Nights: We enjoy hosting annual family movie nights – outside on the soccer field in the summer or inside on the giant inflatable movie screen in the winter. Free soda and popcorn are always provided!
Trinity Lutheran Church aspires to be an
SPIRITUALLY-MATURE, ACTIVELY INVOLVED
an average of 75 new members each year
9 different Bible studies offered each month
More than 12 service projects and events throughout the year.