It’s time to sign up for our next round of small group Bible studies! The following small groups will be begin meeting soon. If you would like to join one of these groups, please complete the form at the bottom of the page!
Red Letter Challenge
The Red Letter Challenge (RLC) will challenge you to become a greater follower of Jesus. This study will challenge you for 40 days to read and practice the words of Jesus through 5 discipleship targets. The RLC is unique because it takes Christ’s literal words and gives you practical daily challenges based on those words. Click here for more information on the Red Letter Challenge Bible study.
- Host: Roger Schlichting
- When: Thursday mornings at 9:00 A.M., beginning on Sept. 23
- How: Online via Zoom
- Materials: Red Letter Challenge (book provided)
- E-mail: email@example.com
Bibles and Brews
Join us as we combine two of our favorites, the Bible and beer! Each week members will have the opportunity to participate in a beer tasting that ties into our Bible study for the week. Our Bible study will be themes from The Bible Projects Reflections series. We will also have two fellowship events for participants who want to learn more about home brewing and the unique ways that home brewing reflects the message of God’s mercy and forgiveness.
- Co-Hosts: Shannon and Steve Shannon
- When: Sundays, 2pm-3pm, beginning on Sept. 19
- Where: In-Home Bible Study
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Shannon)
Love Your Neighbor: A Christian’s Response to Racism
What is the Christian response to racism? What does God say about this? What was and is the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod’s response to racism? This small group will study and reflect on the history of racism in the United States, how that history is reflected in today’s world, and what our response should be. Various sources will be used including the Bible, the LCMS’s 1994 Commission on Theology and Church Relations Report, and various books and articles.
- Host: Joyce Nardulli
- When: Thursday evenings at 7:00 P.M., beginning on Sept. 16
- Where: In-Home Bible Study
- Materials: No book required except the Bible
- E-mail: email@example.com
BEING Challenge, a 40-day challenge of BEING with God
We will use the Being Challenge workbook to delve into BEING with God. What does that really mean? This 40-day journey will teach us how to incorporate into our daily lives the five spiritual keystone habits Jesus utilized to BE with His Father – (1) Commit to Community; (2) Study Scripture; (3) Prioritize Prayer; (4) Seek Solitude; and (5) Choose Church. Please join Tim and Cheryl on this fulfilling journey.
- Co-Hosts: Tim Branstetter and Cheryl Neal
- When: Sunday afternoons, 4:00 to 5:00 p.m., beginning Sept. 26
- Where: Trinity Parish Hall, School Campus, 515 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Springfield, or you may join us through Zoom
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Peace University
Learn the right way to manage money through Financial Peace University: the life-changing money course that teaches you how to crush debt, invest in your future, and win with money. This bestselling, nine-lesson class is an exclusive feature of your free one-year Ramsey+ membership. You’ll get unlimited streaming of all Financial Peace University lessons; learn how to take complete control of your money; and get the tools you need to make it happen. Are you ready?
FPU Group 1
- Co-Hosts: Brian and Wendy Boehme
- When: Tuesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., beginning Sept. 28
- Where: Extended Care Room, School Campus, 515 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Springfield
- E-mail: email@example.com
FPU Group 2
- Co-Hosts: Kevin and Sharon Riechers
- When: Wednesday evenings, 6:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 15
- Where: Extended Care Room, School Campus, 515 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Springfield, IL
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FPU Group 3
- Co-Hosts: John and Melissa Boehme
- When: Sunday afternoons, 2 p.m., beginning Sept. 12
- Where: In-Home Study
- E-mail: email@example.com
The Legacy Journey
The Legacy Journey is a biblically based six-lesson course that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. You’ll learn a biblical framework for living intentionally now so later you’ll be able to leave a legacy that will secure your family’s future and make a lasting impact on the world around you. The Legacy Journey course is part of your free Ramsey+ membership!
- Co-Hosts: Bill and Mary Denham
- When: Wednesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., beginning Sept. 15
- Where: Church Library, School Campus, 515 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Springfield, IL
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an underscore between “denham” and “bill”)
Trinity Lutheran Church aspires to be an
SPIRITUALLY-MATURE, ACTIVELY INVOLVED
an average of 75 new members each year
9 different Bible studies offered each month
More than 12 service projects and events throughout the year.