IN-PERSON WORSHIP | Trinity is pleased to offer in-person worship services that have been carefully planned with safety procedures, social distancing, masking, and are in compliance with the guidelines provided by the CDC, the Sangamon County Department of Public Health, and the Illinois Department of Public Health. Details on the precautions we are taking for in-person worship, as well as our service times and locations can be found below.
WHY PREREGISTER? | We care about your safety. To ensure that Trinity can observe capacity limits and offer six-foot pew distancing, all those worshiping in-person are asked to preregister online or by phone (217-787-2323, ext. 2).
ONLINE WORSHIP | Trinity is committed to offering online viewing of our worship services to meet the COVID-19 health considerations of every family. You can access our recent worship via our YouTube channel. We warmly invite you to join us for worship, whether you participate from home or attend in-person.
In-Person Worship During Social Distancing
The leaders of Trinity Lutheran Church and School are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following up-to-date guidance from local and national officials.
In-person worship services are available at the times and locations listed below. Each worship service is limited to 85 attendees. For this reason, we ask that you reserve a space for worship ahead of time. You may do so using this Sign Up Genius form or by calling or emailing the church office, 217-787-2323 x2 or email@example.com.
- Saturday, 5:30pm – School Campus (515 S. MacArthur Blvd.)
- Sunday, 8:00am – Church Campus (220 S. Second St.)
- Sunday, 10:30am – Church Campus (220 S. Second St.)
The following procedures will be in place when you arrive for worship:
- Masks are required during Trinity’s worship services. All those attending in-person worship are asked to keep their masks on for the duration of the service. Disposable masks will be available for those who do not have one.
- Two points of entrance will be available to help control traffic flow and avoid congestion. At the downtown church location, we will be using the new addition entrances, on the north and south side of the building.
- An usher will be stationed at each entrance, holding the doors open to avoid unnecessary contamination.
- We ask that you maintain a distance of 6 feet from other families as you enter the building and approach the sanctuary or parish hall.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building.
- An usher will greet you as you approach the worship space and direct you to your seat.
- We will fill the worship space from front to back, with pews left open to avoid unnecessary contact. We ask that you comply with the seating procedure even if you are placed in a new area of the sanctuary or parish hall. Who knows, you may enjoy the new perspective and view!
Notes about the worship:
- All items have been removed from the pews to avoid additional risk of contamination.
- Due to evidence that singing increases the risk of spreading germs, music during the service will be instrumental or presented by a soloist.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the service but will be available at the back of church for you to place your offering into as you exit.
- Once worship has concluded, ushers will dismiss congregants by pew, from back to front.
Join us for Worship!
Worship services take place at 5:30 pm on Saturday evenings and at 8:00 am and 10:30 am on Sunday mornings. Saturday evening services are held in the Parish Center on the School Campus (515 S. MacArthur Blvd.) and Sunday morning services are held at the Downtown Church Campus (220 S. Second St.)
We love having guests join us for worship! Please come as you are. Trinity members are of diverse ages, ethnicities and backgrounds. God wants everyone in His House
If you decide to visit us, you can expect a worship service rich in God’s Word and deep in its content. Our services are loaded with the necessary weapons to arm you to face the trials you encounter in this world and at the same time shower you with the love, mercy, and forgiveness of our God.
Children are encouraged to join their parents for worship services. Being together in God’s house strengthens the family while you receive the unique blessings He distributes. Please don’t be embarrassed if your little one fusses -all children do at one time or another.
We believe that men, women, and children are rescued from the effects of sin purely by the undeserved mercy of God (Grace Alone). Through faith, forgiveness and eternal life become ours. This is a relationship of dependence upon Jesus that God Himself gives us (Faith Alone). Lastly, God gives us His Holy Scripture, which makes us aware of sin, fills us with faith in Jesus, and guides us into His design for Christian living (Scripture Alone).
For more information on our beliefs, please visit the What We Believe section.
Trinity Lutheran Church aspires to be an
SPIRITUALLY-MATURE, ACTIVELY INVOLVED
an average of 75 new members each year
9 different Bible studies offered each month
More than 12 service projects and events throughout the year.